Cover a large area for a fast, efficient polish!
Circular, professional, rotary…what’s the difference? There’s not a difference. All three terms apply to the same type of polisher. Polishers that fall under these names have a single rotating head. Since circular polishers move in this single pattern, they are best suited for paint defect removal and are therefore preferred by professional detailers. And the pads preferred by the pros are these Smart Pads™ 8.5 inch Professional Foam Pads
.Smart Pads™ are manufactured by Lake Country Manufacturing, the maker of premium polisher pads and accessories.
The foam withstands heat and friction better than lesser quality pads, and the Velcro® brand hook & loop fasteners
are permanently bonded to the foam. Changing pads is as simple as pulling one off the backing plate and pressing another one on.
Smart Pads™ 8.5 inch foam pads feature Lake Country’s CCS Technology. CCS stands for Closed Cell Structures, which are small pockets of closed cell foam strategically placed over the work surface of each pad. The CCS structures reduce product waste by not absorbing polishes or waxes as quickly into the foam. They hold excess product until it is needed on the pad’s work surface. CCS Smart Pads™ are less likely to dry out.
Smart Pads™ come in five varieties to address any surface problem:Yellow 8.5 inch Cutting Foam Pad
- Use this pad to apply compounds or polishes to remove severe oxidation, swirls, and scratches. It is the most aggressive and should not be used on new or like-new paint finishes. Always follow this pad with an orange pad and a fine polish and then a white pad to refine the paint until it is smooth.Orange 8.5 inch Light Cutting Foam Pad
- Firm, high density foam for scratch and defect removal. Use this pad with polishes and swirl removers. It’s an all around pad that will work on most light to moderate imperfections.Coarse Green 8.5 inch Cutting/Polishing Foam Pad
- This foam is of medium density with the ability to level very fine scratches and very light oxidation. Use light swirl removers with this pad.White 8.5 inch Polishing Foam Pad
- High absorption foam formula for the application of waxes, micro-fine polishes and sealants. This pad has very light cutting power so its perfect for pre-wax cleaners.Gray 8.5 inch Finishing Foam Pad
- Composition is firm enough to withstand added pressure during final finishing to remove buffer swirls. It has no cut and will apply thin, even coats of waxes, sealants, and glazes.Blue 8.5 inch Finessing Foam Pad
– Flat pad has soft composition for applying glaze, finishing polish, sealants, and liquid waxes. Flat pad provides full contact with paint surface to minimize the pressure applied by the user. Use the blue pad to remove products or for final buffing.Red 8.5 inch UltraSoft Wax/Sealant Foam Pad
– This soft, imported foam is ideal for applying the final coat of wax or sealant. The foam works especially well when applying liquid waxes or sealants because it is firm enough to keep the majority of the product on the paint, rather than soaking it up. The red foam has no cut or cleaning ability.
For optimum results, it’s best to own each type of pad. Compounding with a yellow or orange pad may slightly rough up the paint. You will need the white pad to refine the paint to its original shine and texture. The gray pad will then give you a uniform wax application. For best results, use a 7 inch backing plate with your 8.5 inch pads.
To clean pads by hand use DP Polishing Pad Rejuvenator
. Mix one scoopful of this citrus cleaner with 3-4 gallons of water. Allow the pads to soak for up to 15 minutes. Agitate them using a Foam Pad Conditioning Brush
. When the pads appear clean, rinse them in clean water and allow them to air dry.
Manufactured by Lake Country